Call for Participation
Asian Culture Center, 25th Anniversary: October 28, 2023, 12 pm to 3 pm
As part of the Asian Culture Center’s 25th Anniversary Weekend celebration the ACC in partnership with IU’s Institute for Digital Arts and Humanities (IDAH) will be hosting a Community Digital Archive collection with lunch reception at the ACC.
Digital storytelling is a powerful form of sharing personal experiences that enables individuals and communities to proclaim and reclaim their cultural identities and narratives through personal and meaningful items like photos or home movies. For the ACC's 25th Anniversary, we are especially interested in archiving an object and story from participants' time at Indiana University or from their experience as an AAPI in Indiana that will form part of the Asian Culture Center’s Digital Community Archive.
Sign-up ahead of time and bring any of the following personal artifacts for digitization and inclusion in the Asian Cultural Center Community Digital Archive:
- Photos (print or photo already on your phone/tablet)
- Documents like letters, postcards, etc.
- Journal entries
- Small objects like a figurine, jewelry, etc. (under 12 inches tall and wide)
- Video recordings from your phone or tablets (up to 30 mins)
- Videos on VHS, DVD or miniDV formats (can only digitize up to 30 mins)